Monday, June 7, 2010

Broken

That's right, I'm still not running.  I did the GNRC mile time trial last Thursday and even though I went real slow (6:33) my foot still ended up hurting for the next two days.  Turns out that I was worse off than I believed, I thought I was close to being able to run again.  Nope.

Since I haven't been able to do any running for the past six weeks I finally broke down and pulled out my old mountain bike.  I've been riding around on it for a couple of weeks and it feels good to get out and do something active.  Anything at this point.  Unfortunately, since I don't see the foot getting better any time soon, I have started to look around at new bikes.  Something fast and cool looking.  That way I can at least get some exercise and try to stay in shape for when my foot finally heals up.

I never thought that I would be looking forward to getting on a bike and going for long rides.  Next thing you know I'll take up swimming.  And then I'll have become a triathlete.

*shudder*

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry. Becoming a triathlete isn't so bad. You get to wear really cool clothes and train long hours. It's cool. Really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you want to be a triathlete.

    ReplyDelete