Friday, July 23, 2010

Flock of Seagulls

And I ran. I ran finally today.

Seriously, I ran!  12 weeks since the 13 Relay I have finally run (excluding the ill-advised mile time-trial).  And the best part is that it didn't hurt.  Today was my second run; Tuesday I did 15 minutes on the treadmill and today I did 22 minutes.  Both times I experienced no discomfort in the Lisfranc region either during the run or the next day (we'll see if anything comes up tomorrow).  So that is pretty encouraging.  I have been really impatient to get back out there and so far this is a good start.

While I have been down I have filled my time by biking.  Unfortunately I have been forced to use my old warhorse of a mountain bike.  It has got me from point A to point B but damn, that thing is a beast to get up hills. But you gotta do what you gotta do.  Thankfully the biking has kept me from completely losing all fitness so now I am ready to get back out on the roads and start running again, as long as the foot progress continues to be good.

Fortunately I was only sidelined for four fifths of the summer.  No wait, not fortunately at all.  Damn I hate being injured.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you got to run. Slowly but surely as the saying goes. Hope to see you out there once of these lovely days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your foot is healing, not as fast I you wish but all the rest should work for something!!! Your mount bike is heavy but is helping to keep your fitness level. Thanks for riding with us yesterday. How many miles did you end up doing & were we too slow for you???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ended up doing 30 miles. The pace didn't bother me at all, it helped keep me in check to go the distance.

    ReplyDelete