Saturday, November 20, 2010

Light week

This past week was a self-imposed light week. The week before I began pushing myself more than normal. I started off with a 16 mile run, then a 40 mile bike and sprinkled in some hills and tempo run for good measure during the week. It was all capped off with a 12 miler and then I eased into a couple days off. Overall it was a gret week; the most intense so far but all systems felt good.

Thursday I gor out after work for a nice 7 miles and it was a first for me. I decided to run the entire thing without a light, relying only on my night vision. Smart idea? Probably not, but it was fun. The only sketchy parts was when I woud step to the side to avoid cars, then I came close to twisting an ankle a few times. So I stopped doing that.

During the run I had ample opportunity to further test what I like to call "Putt's Second Law of Running"; which states that "Vehicles approaching from opposite directions shall cross planes while passing the runner and do so at the most inopportune time?" Simply put, cars will pass you at the narrowest point in the road while going around a corner on the side of a ten thousand foot dropoff. Needless to say this law was confirmed many times during the run.

Now I am off to Long Island for a week of vacation. On the docket is running followed by biking, then some more running and maybe some turkey in there too. Hopefully the weather will hold because I plan on kicking it up a notch this week. I haven't had a vacation in a long time and what could be better than getting in a ton of running and biking? Maybe relaxing, but that is just so boring.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment