Thursday, December 30, 2010

Stymied again

It's happened again.  I signed up for the Hyannis Marathon and am all excited to get training for it but there is just one issue; my foot has been giving me a problem for a couple of weeks.  The middle toe and ball of the foot under it have been experiencing pain, almost as if I had jammed it or stepped on something hard.  I have no idea why it is doing this but running definitely makes it worse.  So I took off three days over Christmas but that didn't fix it.  I have now taken another four days off but it still feels off.  I was supposed to do ten miles last Saturday and another 12 this weekend but my schedule is all thrown off now.  I haven't even done ten miles total in the past week!

The plan now is to wait until Saturday or Sunday to start running again and see how it feels.  A week should be plenty of rest time to for it to get better.  At least that's what I keep telling my foot.  Unfortunately it seems to have its own ideas.  Happy freakin' New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment