Tuesday, December 21, 2010

What to Do

What to do...

The eternal question.  I look out at the blogosphere and am greeted by throngs of people posting their year plans full of which races they will be running culminating in the big year-end challenge.  Seriously, how the hell do you plan so far out?  I can barely keep track of what day it is let alone schedule what I will be doing in October.  It's enough right now that I have a vague notion that there are some sorts of races happening between now and then but I honestly have no idea what they would be.

So in other words, it's time to get my act together and make a plan.

Alright, with that said I think I will take the first step for 2011.  I am going to sign up for the Hyannis marathon in February and I am going to run the hell out of it.  Well, maybe, I may actually just run the purgatory out of it but you get the idea.  Why not start with a marathon?  All the fun of a 10K with 20 extra miles added on!

I keep getting asked if I am going to run Derry and once again I find myself torn.  It sounds like a race I would like and I find myself gravitating towards it, but again I am wavering about it and seem to need a reason to do it. Part of my problem is that I have really scaled back the racing I plan on doing and just never put it on my radar.  Hmm, time is running out so I will have to think on this one.  Meanwhile, the waffling will continue unabated.

2 comments:

  1. Cool, I'll be running the half at Hyannis this year! I'm also still waffling about Derry, but leaning towards yes. Not really to kill it, just to see if I can go out and run a marathon-goal-pace kind of race at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just talked to Mel C at the pool this morning. We are both doing Derry. You should do it!
    I'm still struggling to run faster than 9 minute pace on a training run, so it won't be a fast one for me. But who cares! It's a great training run with friends.

    ReplyDelete