Thursday, September 3, 2009

Zensa-aah that feels good.

I picked up a pair of Zensah compression leg sleeves to try and speed up the recovery of my calf. I wasn't sure what to expect but the reviews were pretty positive on them and even the people at the store were full of praise so I figured I would give them a try. Lo and behold they work pretty good. After I put them on I found that the muscle pain was significantly decreased when I walked. I've been trying them out for a couple days now and they definitely make a difference.

Unfortunately they didn't make that much of a difference on my run today. Because I haven't run since Sunday I decided to get out and see how the leg sleeve would work. Quickly I realized that while it helped, it could not overcome the injury I most certainly still had. So I did a light run, only about a mile and a half and called it in order to avoid making matters worse.

Today's run was also a test of my new shoes and that turned out so-so as well. The right shoe digs into the bottom of my heel a bit. I blame my foot more than the shoe, this isn't totally unheard of when I wear shoes, so I may have to suck it up. Once I tied them a bit tighter it didn't irritate me as much so we will continue to test them out.

"Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder. "
William Sigei

No comments:

Post a Comment