Thursday, May 13, 2010

Turning the corner

I think my foot has finally decided to turn the corner and get on with the healing.  Today I can finally walk with a semi-normal stride without too much pain.  I still can't flex it too much but at least the limping has subsided a bit. I've been waiting for signs that it was truly getting better and I think today is the first time that I have been encouraged by its progress.  It just seemed like this was taking forever to even marginally heal up.

Luckily I had no races planned but it is only two weeks until the Gilio 5K, the Run to Remember Half (which I had hoped to run again) and then Mt. Washington in June.  The first two I could sit out without too much angst but Mt Washington isn't the kind of race you feel good about bowing out of since it is so hard to get in to.  I really hope the foot heals for it since the worst pain comes from landing on the ball of the foot and flexing it forward.  Pretty much exactly what I would be doing for 7.6 miles.  Only time will tell at this point.

1 comment: