Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Stay Puft

Me, right about now
Less than three weeks until Hyannis Marathon and everything is right on track, everything that is, except for one small detail; I feel (and look) like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.  But not the evil one from Ghostbusters.  I don't know what is going on but I don't seem to be able to drop weight to save my life these days.  Granted I haven't tried too hard and there have been a few too many times when I should have just walked away from that extra beer ("Fill it up again! Once it hits your lips, it's so good!") but it's not easy being on all the time.

What gets me the most is that I have actually increased my mileage quite significantly and yet I am still either gaining weight or staying static without changing any of my eating habits.  Intellectually I realize that losing a few pounds is the easiest way to improve my times and to make running that much easier but it is always an area that I have been lazy with.  It's easy to bang out a bunch of runs during the week but not snacking on something while I feed the kids, well that just wears on you after awhile.

With three weeks left until Hyannis I have finally decided to make a concerted effort to shed some pounds and get at least near racing weight, although that weight is a long way off.  A little willpower, a lot of running, and avoiding Girl Scout cookies (damn you and your sugary goodness!) and I think I can feel a bit better about myself come Feb 27th.  Then it is a simple matter of continuing the good habits and transitioning that weight loss in to wins!  Or at least a PR or two.

Apparently this is what 145lbs looks like. Only 20 more to drop!

Alright, enough bitching, all this talk has made me hungry.  Off to eat some carrot sticks.  Yeah...


No comments:

Post a Comment