Friday, March 13, 2009

Back in the Saddle

I haven't done a half-marathon since my PR at Virginia Beach in August and my next one is this Sunday in New Bedford. I'm looking forward to it, not the least bit because it will actually be a step down in mileage for my weekend run, but also because it will be the first half since my injury. It will mark my return to the circuit and banish the bad mojo built up from the months I was forced off.

Unfortunately it is in New Bedford. Hi, I'm New Bedford, home of Anthony Athanas and we used to catch a lot of whales.

But it has to start somewhere.
What better place than there.
What better time than this Sunday.
Can't stop us now.

Couple of runs this week went off without any problems, although the shins are being predictably cranky. Wet on Wednesday, cold on Friday. Blah, blah, blah, same story.

Five weeks to the marathon. So far I'm not even close to being ready for this but I don't think they will reschedule it for me. So it's time to suck it up and train hard for the next three weeks. That taper is going to be here quicker than I can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment