Monday, March 23, 2009

The shoes from hell

I know. There seems to be a theme here. Stick with me for a bit.

Put in a great 20 miles on Sunday. It worked out that I didn't get on the road until about 9:30, so I was able to take my time and not feel rushed. The weather was a bit cool but it got warmer as I ran and the sun kept flitting in and out from behind the clouds. All in all a nice day.

I had planned on doing around 8:30/mile pace but didn't realize until I got home that I actually ended up doing an 8:08 pace. The run felt great and that pace really surprised me. I am thinking of doing Boston at an 8:00 pace so being able to bang out a twenty miler at almost race pace was a big confidence booster.

Now with that said, my Inguinal ligament started to hurt again after the run. Not too happy about that. I'm paranoid about it now and every little ache in it gets me to worrying that I could have a relapse. I'm just going to take it one day at a time and keep a close eye on it. It feels better today but I don't trust it.

Ok. So, the shoes. For the second week in a row my shoes have failed me. Three quarters of the way through the run and I knew that the growing blisters were going to be a problem. Once I got home and took off my shoes I found out how bad they were. A few quarter-sized blisters on both feet have proven to me that my new running shoes just aren't going to work out. I got blisters during the New-Bedford Half and now after my 20-miler. This is unacceptable. And extremely annoying.

There really is nothing more annoying than blisters on the end of your toes.



Evil shoe

No comments:

Post a Comment