Monday, April 6, 2009

The taper

I threw out my plans of doing another long run this Saturday and instead settled in for a 16 miler (supposed to be 15 but I was led astray). For some unknown reason this was a hard run that left me hurting more than the longer ones I have been doing. It may be because I took a few days off to try and heal up my aching leg due to the ongoing shoe issues (update: I returned the pair that was destroying my leg). Maybe I was just tired or maybe it was just one of those things. Who knows.

Now we enter into taper mode with only two weeks left to go. All I can do now is hope that the weather is nice on Patriots Day and that the run goes well. Definitely looking forward to it and am happy to be running a marathon again.

Happy Opening Day everybody!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to return those evil shoes. It's very diffult to find the perfect shoe that fits. I ran 14.5 Saturday. I wanted to do more but I felt TIRED and did not want to destroy my body more that already is. For now please enjoy your taper and let the body heal. You will do awesome. Maria

    ReplyDelete