Saturday, May 23, 2009

5K mania

Just finished the Joseph & Rose Gilio 5K in Norwood. Ran really well capturing the 10th spot with a 19:37. Started out a bit fast but it felt good so I went with it. I was still feeling good at the first mile with a 6:14 split so I knee it was going to be a fast race. Even the never-ending set of hills at the end couldn't slow me down. Real encouraging stuff.

I'm doing the half-marathon at the Run to Remember downtown tomorrow so we will see how this 5K has tired out my legs. Weather should be nice so either way it will be a nice run through town.

1 comment:

  1. You had a great race today Jeff. Good job. And best of luck on the 1/2 tomorrow. The run to Remember it's a great race. I've done it before and I loved it. Too bad it's on the same weekend as Mike's race.

    ReplyDelete