Monday, May 4, 2009

Great Bear Run

Went over to Needham yesterday to take part in the Great Bear Run 5K. Planned on going out around 7:30/mile but as usual as soon as the race began I threw that out the window and and just ran what I felt like; around 6:50/mile. Which was quite good considering I have barely run since the marathon and I was afraid of injuring my knee more. Surprisingly the knee felt great and doesn't hurt nearly as much as I thought it would today. I certainly don't think that it is all healed up but this is the best it has felt in over a month.

Apparently I ran a bit better than I thought, came in 30th out of 190. That was a nice surprise.

After the run it was time for the kids marathon (26.2 yards). They split it up by age (0-1, 2-3, 3+) and had them run from one side of a field to another. When they yelled go Catie took off like a rocket and came running at me like an Olympian. Naturally she was the winner of her group and was rewarded with a teddy bear and a medal! (actually, all the kids get them but this is my story) I was afraid Jackson would freeze up like he has been known to do during races but that definitely didn't happen here. Off he went running like a maniac, all smiles and happiness. Everyone had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment