Friday, July 17, 2009

Dehydration and the great shake

Party weekend coming up. Lots of friends coming in to town so I decided to move my long run to Thursday night to keep my weekend free for debauchery. Naturally the weather decided to be warm and humid but at least the rain was nowhere to be found.

At this point I have to give some mad props to my sister for the (interesting) birthday card I received when I got home. Inside there was an iTunes gift card which I quickly converted into a Doctor Who audiook and downloaded to my ipod. Sweet, a two hour book to keep me amused.
With my audio needs met I set out into the early evening sun for the long run ahead. I spent the first mile screwing around with my water bottle pack but eventually got it sorted out. The rest of the run was uneventfull if not long, hot, and tiresome.

Finally made it home, although the route ended up only being 17.8 miles. I hate that. Hobbled my way up to the tub for a cold bath. Aah, nice. Icing up and watching Hot Fuzz, brilliant.

Problem is I failed to eat anything. I kept drinking to rehydrate but within a couple hours I began to get the chills. Sat down to eat dinner and as soon as I had the first bite (which was really good by the way) I knew there was no way I could stomach any more. Damn, no food for me. So I packed it in and went to bed where I proceeded to alterantely shiver from being cold and sweat through the sheets. Ah running, is there nothing you can't do?

On the plus side I lost three pounds.
Ok, back to my cocktail. We are currently passing under the Jamestown Bridge while cruising down the Narragansett Bay. Good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment