Sunday, May 1, 2011

Weight

Weight is a subject I have been taking much more seriously these days now that I have decided to elevate my game,  so to speak. Until now it was always secondary; I'd train for a race, lose a few pounds, be happy with it. But I never consciously focused on it.

With the current training cycle though, I have made weight loss as much a priority as my running. After all, less weight equals faster times. Seems like a no brainer. Recently I've begun to see numbers on the scale I haven't seen in a very long time. Pretty happy about that.

But it's not with out side effects. Suddenly, none of my pants fit. I look like the after picture of a weight loss commercial with my pants hanging way out in front of me. So it's time for some new pants. Easy, right? Sort of.

I'm not 18 anymore. But clothing manufactures seem to believe that anyone with my waist size are both teenagers and have very skinny legs. Neither applies to me. Trying on jeans I felt like the Hulk ready to rip out of them. And I'm a runner! I'd hate to see what a cyclist has to go through with their freakishly large muscles.

But I guess it could be worse. If the biggest problem right now is that my pants are too big, well, then things are going pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. Need to loose more weight? You might consider doing the Detox Program!!

    ReplyDelete