Thursday, June 2, 2011

Corporate Challenge

Today is the JP Morgan Corporate Challenge here in Boston.  I've been looking forward to it as a chance to finally just cut loose and see how fast I can go.  The NE Relay is less than two weeks to go so this was to be the last test before that.  I haven't done any racing since the Hyannis Marathon way back in February and I was excited to get out there and tear down Comm Ave.

And then I woke up today with the muscle behind my knee swollen and a bit painful.  There is no reason for it to be like this, yesterday's run was an easy 4.5 miles with no indication of any problems so I am at a loss as to what caused this.  My personal theory is that it is my body trying to sabotage me and keep me from having any fun.  It does that you know.  It lets me train month after month and then when I am just about to have some fun, it yells "No race for you!" and goes and breaks something out of spite.  Stupid body.

So here it is, 5 hours before the race and I haven't made a decision on what to do.  Clearly something is amiss with my leg but I don't know how bad.  It could just be sore and everything will be fine.  Or it could go into a full meltdown if I race on it today.  There's really no way of knowing until it does.  Aack, the pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment